hyperscope

From: Jean Louis
Subject: hyperscope
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2020 01:18:20 +0300

* Adam Porter <adam@alphapapa.net> [2020-11-06 00:56]:
> Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> writes:
>
> > Who can help me check out the icomplete-vertical branch that I may
> > try? I am working on application Hyperscope that is based on
> > Engelbart's work and it uses browsable tabulated-list-mode. Sometimes
> > there are many choices, the list can be really long. Index of specific
> > pages in PDF file can be thousands and thousands. Of course I have
> > implemented incremental narrowing by using Helm and I wish to switch
> > it to something built-in.q I wish to give those to GNU ELPA soon. But
> > with focus on least number of packages from outside.
> >
> > Insight with some bugs:
> > https://gnu.support/images/2020/11/2020-11-05/2020-11-05-22:14:01.ogv
>
> That looks interesting.  It reminds me of Semantic Synchrony, an Emacs
> project which seems to not be very well known.  This video in particular
> reminds me of yours: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2vX2oZmUUM  See
> also: https://github.com/synchrony/smsn

Ineed it looks very similar by concept. I will study that. My system
was meant primarily for me so that I can quickly pin point what I need
in the index and jump to specific reference. It is like augmented
bookmark system. Because it is database, once link type is defined
there is no limit to it.

Hyperscope is meant to:

- dwell in eww buffer, press w and later just insert hyperlink with
  good description

- dwell in any browser, obtain reference and quickly enter into
  database

- obtain reference from online video or specific time when to play
  video, and quickly enter database, or specific line in specific
  file, to jump quickly there, or PDF specific page or specific search
  term. Not all readers provide support for that.

- to obtain specific mail reference and jump to that specific mail

- use various indexes to enter into database, to quickly jump to very
  specific places

- to represent the database by various means, converting to Org is
  easy, but it could as well be dynamically published on WWW, Gopher,
  Gemini

- to allow multi user knowledge information editing or revisions (no
  idea how to make revisions yet), remotely

- to allow connections to other databases, meaning that only database
  is running on server and with permissions some people can view it
  and some people can edit it.

- to provide feature for any kind of hyperlinks

- raise collective IQ

For now I have these types of links:

 Web
 MPV play video at exact time