Re: Friendlier dired experience [CODE INCLUDED]

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Friendlier dired experience [CODE INCLUDED]
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2020 10:05:02 -0500

>> How do you do bookmarks? I just bookmarked a folder with your shortcut
>> C-c b a; and the bookmark does not show in bookmarks list.
> diredc-bookmark-* doesn't share the generic emacs bookmark list. The
> consideration was not mix directory locations with locations within
> files. I know that emacs bookmarks works on directories and opens a
> dired buffer for them, but it made no sense to me mix the two forms

Do you think it could make sense to keep diredc bookmarks in the normal
bookmarks by arranging for the normal "directory bookmarks" to be
"hijacked" by diredc (i.e. not to open a new dired buffer but to open
the dir within diredc) when called from diredc?

You'd still have the downside that the general bookmarks include all the
other non-directory bookmarks, so maybe it's not a good idea anyway.
[ I'm not using bookmarks very much, so my intuition here is poor.  ]

        Stefan