Re: Friendlier dired experience [CODE INCLUDED]

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: Friendlier dired experience [CODE INCLUDED]
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2020 07:00:48 -0800

Boruch Baum <boruch_baum@gmx.com> writes:

>> So why not add that stuff directly to Emacs?
>
> Isn't that what I offered here[1]?

If that's what you meant, then that is very good.  I'm sorry if I
didn't fully understand your intention.

>> It seems to me that it would be useful. Say we use the prefix `trash'
>> to get: `trash-empty', `trash-view-summary', `trash-restore' or
>> something along those lines.
>
> It's GPL3 FOSS. You can do pretty-much with it what you want.

Indeed.  As soon as it goes into GNU ELPA, anyone could in principle
merge the functionality into Emacs.

But I had hoped that you would be interested in writing the patches to
do this.  You seem well placed to do it, since you are likely to have
studied this recently and know the domain.