Re: Friendlier dired experience [CODE INCLUDED]

From: Yuri Khan
Subject: Re: Friendlier dired experience [CODE INCLUDED]
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2020 03:18:04 +0700

On Thu, 5 Nov 2020 at 03:02, Michael Albinus <michael.albinus@gmx.de> wrote:

> When I'm working in a remote buffer, "diredc-trash-info" does not
> work. This is because you call shell-command, which runs the command on
> the remote host.
>
> When I have trashed a file, say "/ssh:ford:/tmp/xxx", it appears as
> "/home/albinus/.local/share/Trash/files/xxx", in the local trash can.
> "/home/albinus/.local/share/Trash/info/xxx.trashinfo" contains the line
>
> Path=/ssh%3aford%3a/tmp/xxx
>
> as expected.

What do other file managers do when trashing a file from a network
file system into the home trash? The spec is unclear on the intended
path format in this case, although it mentions that trashing over the
network is possible.

It is unfortunate if Emacs puts remote file names in Tramp syntax but
all other file managers use, e.g., URL syntax.