Re: Friendlier dired experience [CODE INCLUDED]

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: Friendlier dired experience [CODE INCLUDED]
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2020 15:10:07 +0000

Boruch Baum <boruch_baum@gmx.com> writes:

> I've just published an elisp package that extends and configures
> dired-mode with features that many people have come to take for granted
> in other programming languages. For the source code and the detailed
> description, see: http://github.com/Boruch-Baum/emacs-diredc
>
> If the project is interested in it, I can assign the copyright.

One item that stands out (to me) from the feature list is:

    * Trash management

    per xfreedesktop standard
    restore trashed files to their original locations
    empty the trash, along with its administrative overhead
    view trash summary information

Perhaps something like this would be useful to add directly to dired.el
and/or files.el?  I'm not sure what is currently missing (and I don't
use a trash folder myself), so I cannot say.