Re: [External] : Re: Concern about new binding.

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [External] : Re: Concern about new binding.
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 2021 10:30:32 +0200

> From: Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org>
> Cc: drew.adams@oracle.com, thibaut.verron@gmail.com, rpluim@gmail.com,
>       gregory@heytings.org, emacs-devel@gnu.org, ams@gnu.org,
>       schwab@linux-m68k.org
> Date: Fri, 05 Feb 2021 00:50:43 -0500
>
>   > >   > That many modes have some kind of "revert" action.
>   > >
>   > > Aren't they special modes?  I think they already have a standard key
>   > > for that: g.
>
>   > Some of them are special modes, but some aren't.
>
> That makes me curious; I'd like to understand how come.  Can someone
> post about modes that have their own revert actions but are not
> special modes?

Searching Emacs for files that set revert-buffer-function brings up
the following list:

  apropos.el
  bookmark.el
  bs.el
  calendar/todo-mode.el
  chistory.el
  cus-theme.el
  dired.el
  emacs-backtrace.el
  emacs-ert.el
  emacs-package.el
  emacs-tabulated-list.el
  emacs-timer-list.el
  epa.el
  facemenu.el
  find-dired.el
  find-lisp.el
  forms.el
  help-mode.el
  hexl.el
  ibuffer.el
  info.el
  locate.el
  mail/mspools.el
  mail/rmail.el
  mail/rmailsum.el
  mh-e/mh-folder.el
  net/net-utils.el
  net/secrets.el
  net/telnet.el
  proced.el
  progmodes/compile.el
  progmodes/ebrowse.el
  progmodes/sql.el
  replace.el
  simple.el
  tar-mode.el
  time.el
  vc/diff.el
  vc/pcvs.el
  vc/vc-dir.el
  vc/vc.el
  wdired.el

I think this gives a good idea about what modes have revert actions,
but if details are needed, one can look inside these files and see.