RE: [External] : Re: Concern about new binding.

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: [External] : Re: Concern about new binding.
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2021 18:27:39 +0000

> what's the rationale for the capital letter
> after C-x rule? Itʼs not like Iʼm likely to
> type a capital by mistake (and eg edebug already
> doesnʼt follow this rule, since it binds
> 'C-x X <letter>' commands).

I too see no good reason for making a rule about
capital letters - so far.  I think all letters
should be handled the same.

So I think it should be OK to define both
`C-x f' and `C-x F', `C-x l' and `C-x L', etc.
And it should be OK to define any such sequences
as prefix keys.

I don't think we've heard arguments yet as to
why this shouldn't be the case.

(And as you point out, there are already many
such lower-and-upper examples, at least across
3rd-party code.)