Re: [feature/native-comp] breakage on build

From: Phillip Lord
Subject: Re: [feature/native-comp] breakage on build
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 2021 20:44:19 +0000

Andrea Corallo <akrl@sdf.org> writes:

> Phillip Lord <phillip.lord@russet.org.uk> writes:
>

>>> Hi Phillip,
>>>
>>> you should see the full error in the *Async-native-compile-log*
>>> buffer.
>>

>> Oh, yes, looking in the wrong buffer, silly me.
>>
>> It's ld/as not finding things that is causing the problem.
>>
>> Phil
>
> Probably saying something stupid here as I've no idea how this packaging
> process works in Windows or exactly what it means but anyway...

It means that I compile under mingw64, then I have a hacky shell script
that works out what Emacs' dependencies are which zips them all
up. In essence, what I am really doing is creating a minimal mingw64
installation with just enough stuff to run Emacs correctly.

There would be a certain amount of sense in not doing it, and just
assume people will use chocolaty or msys2 directly. But that's not very
windowish.

> In GNU/linux I do something similar in my Docker recipe where I need to
> move all the libgccjit stuff from the build container to the one I ship.
>
> How I do it is just to configure and compile libgccjit using --prefix
> and then in the target directory I know I've everything I need for that
> [1].
>
> Just an idea, hope it helps.

I think that this is not enough. You'll have libgccgit inside your
--prefix, but are you not reliant on the rest of your container for any
dependencies of libgccjit?

Phil