Re: Current mode command discovery

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Current mode command discovery
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2021 20:15:45 +0200

> From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org>
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2021 18:56:11 +0100
>
> Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:
>
> > Like I said before: instead of removing what seems irrelevant, make
> > them appear after the relevant parts.
>
> That could also be an option, but I think having a command that shows
> "now, what are the commands meant for this specific mode" would be nice.
>
> >> This would only be commands that have been marked for the current major
> >> mode and any active minor modes, I guess?
> >
> > What about primitives? they are relevant in any mode.
>
> I'm not quite sure what you mean by primitives?

I mean: would "the command that shows 'now, what are the commands
meant for this specific mode'" also show primitives like
transpose-regions?  If you are going to only display commands marked
for the current major-mode, I guess the answer is NO, and that is IMO
sub-optimal, because primitives (and other non mode-specific commands,
like find-file) are always relevant.