Re: Consistent face for keys in *Help* and `substitute-command-keys'

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: Consistent face for keys in *Help* and `substitute-command-keys'
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2021 20:26:46 -0600

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> What about tooltips? we run their text through
> substitute-command-keys, AFAIR, but the tooltip's faces need to use
> smaller fonts.  So at the very least this face should be documented to
> affect only some of the face attributes, not all of them (which is
> generally not such a good idea, as it confuses users).

This doesn't have any effect on the appearance of the tooltip, neither
in GTK or Lucid.  Perhaps because it is all overwritten with the
`tooltip' face in `tooltip'-show?  Or am I missing something?

BTW, it doesn't seem to have any effect to customize the `tooltip' face
here.  Is it supposed to change the look of the tooltip in GTK?