Re:Re: [elpa] externals/pyim 1e14e7c: V3.1

From: tumashu
Subject: Re:Re: [elpa] externals/pyim 1e14e7c: V3.1
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2021 16:54:02 +0800 (CST)

At 2021-02-26 15:43:21, "Eli Zaretskii" <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:
>> Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2021 13:26:09 +0800 (CST)
>> From: tumashu  <tumashu@163.com>
>> Cc: "Stefan Monnier" <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca>,
>>      "emacs-devel@gnu.org" <emacs-devel@gnu.org>
>>
>> I think we have other problem to put pyim to emacs.git.
>> 1. pyim require xr and rx, and  xr is a GNU elpa package,
>> 2. pyim support liberime, which is a melpa package.
>
>That's unfortunate.  Can these dependencies be removed in some way?
>
>Also, are these dependencies needed always, or just for some features

pyim core depend async, which is a GNU elpa package, and
hard remove this depend.

a very useful feature (use pinyin search Chinese ) require xr

as liberime, pyim can work well with rime input method with the help of
liberime.

>of the pyim input method.  IOW, if the user only wants to use the
>input method, i.e. type "C-u C-\ pyim RET" and type the characters,
>does such a user need these dependencies?  If not, perhaps the
>dependencies could be made optional if not removed.

for the emacs-async reason, maybe pyim can not move to emacs.git,
maybe Gnu elpa is better place.