Re:Re: [elpa] externals/pyim 1e14e7c: V3.1

From: tumashu
Subject: Re:Re: [elpa] externals/pyim 1e14e7c: V3.1
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2021 18:41:07 +0800 (CST)

At 2021-02-27 18:13:35, "Eli Zaretskii" <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:

>> Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2021 16:54:02 +0800 (CST)
>> From: tumashu  <tumashu@163.com>
>> Cc: "Stefan Monnier" <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca>,
>>      "emacs-devel@gnu.org" <emacs-devel@gnu.org>
>>
>> pyim core depend async, which is a GNU elpa package, and
>> hard remove this depend.
>
>I see.
>
>> for the emacs-async reason, maybe pyim can not move to emacs.git,
>> maybe Gnu elpa is better place.
>
>I guess so.  Too bad.

maybe we should wait a sync package into emacs.git :-)

>> >And I think the dependency on MELPA is the most worrisome, as we try
>> >not to encourage users to install packages from there, let alone force
>> >them do it.
>
>This part is a problem even if pyim is only on ELPA.

This is not a big issue, without a Melpa package "pyim-basedict",  pyim can
work properly,
pyim-basedict just let pyim more powful.

as for pyim-basedict, it deriver from  libpinyin, libpinyin license is Apache
2.0

I do not know hao to deal with it,   put pyim-basedict to NonGNU elpa ?