Re: master 6458e16: New mode outline-cycle-minor-mode with Orgmode-like

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: master 6458e16: New mode outline-cycle-minor-mode with Orgmode-like TAB cycling on headings
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2021 22:35:06 +0200

> Doesn't that mean that it does not apply the faces most of the time? In
> almost all my use of outline-mirror mode, the headings are comments in
> the current major mode, and almost always are fontified as such by the
> major mode.

This is what I see: when a line is already fontified e.g. as comments by
the current major mode, then outline-mirror-mode doesn't put outline faces
over it.

> I should probably try your code.

This is not completely my code.  Cycling commands for outlines were recently
implemented by Yuan Fu and Paul W. Rankin in https://debbugs.gnu.org/41198
I only bound these commands to headings in outline-mirror-mode.

> Do you know if it works in Emacs 27?
> That would spare me from having to compile Emacs.

In theory just loading outline.el in Emacs 27 should be enough
to get it to work, but after trying this I see that cycling doesn't
work in Emacs 27.