Re: font-lock-fontify-block

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: font-lock-fontify-block
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2021 21:25:27 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> Actually, I see I've misremembered: this is handy not when
> font-lock-mode is off, but when it's on and I yank text from another
> mode.  A typical use case is when I yank from some program fragment
> into a text-mode buffer: the original fontification is left alone
> until I type M-o M-o.

That does sound quite useful, yes -- that's something I bump into from
time to time, but has never known what to do about.  So we should
probably give it a new default key binding (if we decide to free up
`M-o').

In a couple of test cases here, though, `font-lock-fontify-buffer' seems
to give more dependable results.