Re: font-lock-fontify-block

From: Gregory Heytings
Subject: Re: font-lock-fontify-block
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2021 08:28:36 +0000

I guess 16 lines is really beyond anything I ever needed to deal with in this use case, because I don't remember ever having such problems.

"M-o M-o" is convenient here because I need to remember only a single command to "fix" any issues with faces, whether it means re-fontify the block or "un-fontify" it. I'm okay with any other command to perform the same duty, as long as its key-binding is convenient to type ("C-x x ..." is less convenient, because it requires me to release the Ctrl key half-way through the sequence).

You can always rebind it to a key you find convenient in your .emacs file (e.g. C-F5). If you use that command often and really think a "C-x x ..." key binding in vanilla Emacs would not be sufficient, I would perhaps suggest C-M-|, which is close to C-M-\ = indent-region and would do something similar.