Re: font-lock-fontify-block

From: Gregory Heytings
Subject: Re: font-lock-fontify-block
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2021 14:40:19 +0000

I understand that you find the "C-x x f" not as convenient as "M-o M-o", although it seems to me that for a not-often-used command, that binding could be okay, but that's just me. What do you think of the "C-M-|" binding I proposed?

It's slightly better, although having to press 3 modifier keys isn't easy. Plus, it doesn't work on TTY frames.

If you believe this command is widely used and needs a short key binding that can be used both in GUI and TTY frames, one of the other free keys could be used for that purpose. For example C-x C-a, or C-x C-y, or M-".