Re: Consistent face for keys in *Help* and `substitute-command-keys'

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: Consistent face for keys in *Help* and `substitute-command-keys'
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2021 21:37:06 -0500

Juri Linkov <juri@linkov.net> writes:

> Now that we have a clearly visible border, it's possible to use
> the background that you proposed earlier - grey95 that looks nicer
> when there is already heavy highlighting with a border and blue foreground.

OK, I'll look into it.  Thanks.

> BTW, after the recent change of adding a border to widget-field,
> its border is indistinguishable from the background color.
> It would help to make the border color slightly darker, e.g. gray70.

Yes, it achieves something more akin to a shading than a distinct
border.  The idea was to "subtly" make it stand out more as an editable
field.  But perhaps a distinct border would be better for that purpose?

Looking at Material design, they have a very nice and clear look for
their input fields:

    https://material.io/components/text-fields