Re: Suggested experimental test

From: Rudolf Schlatte
Subject: Re: Suggested experimental test
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2021 09:59:23 +0100

Gregory Heytings <gregory@heytings.org> writes:

>> So is the plan to readd keybindings center-FOO?
>>

> There is no clear predefined plan, just some ideas I'm currently
> experimenting with.

[...]

> C-o is not at all "hitting the trash can", at the moment there is
> nothing more than a proposal to conduct an experiment to make a
> (small?) change to its meaning.

Could you maybe repeat what change is planned?  I looked at the proposed
patch and it seems to only remove the C-o keybinding.  Apologies if the
proposal was posted already; I don't assume the plan is to leave C-o
unbound?

Since I use C-o frequently, I'm curious what will happen when my fingers
press it while editing text, and to what extent I will have to
reconfigure standard Emacs keybindings (which is something I try to
avoid).