Re: Suggested experimental test

From: Gregory Heytings
Subject: Re: Suggested experimental test
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2021 10:48:59 +0000

May I suggest the attached, slightly more controversial, experimental test?

Removing `C-o' has already been suggested, and there's already been a lot of negative feedback on that, if I remember correctly. So I don't think there's much point in doing this experiment.

Well... the suggested experiment does not remove C-o, it changes C-o in a way that is, I believe, painless. We cannot know whether it is indeed painless without experimenting at a larger scale. The few who objected against changing C-o may well find out, after trying it out, that this small change is not as bad as they thought.

As far as I remember, there has not been a lot of negative feedback on changing C-o, the negative feedback was (to my surprise) mostly about the possibility of changing the behavior of C-z.