Re: Suggested experimental test

From: Bob Rogers
Subject: Re: Suggested experimental test
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2021 13:21:16 -0400

   From: Gregory Heytings <gregory@heytings.org>
   Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2021 14:15:12 +0000

   > Opening an empty line is a very useful editing primitive, not unlike
   > going to the next line with RET.

   I'd bet it is useful, as it is, only for 0.5% of Emacs users, perhaps
   even less.  No other editor I know has that feature . . .

True of oodles of Emacs features.

   And I'd bet that 90% of those 0.5% would be happier with a better
   open-line primitive, for example one which can be called when point
   is in the middle of a line . . .

I use it *mostly* in the middle of lines.  I think you'd lose that bet,
and probably the first as well.

                                        -- Bob Rogers
                                           http://www.rgrjr.com/