Re: Suggested experimental test

From: Jose A. Ortega Ruiz
Subject: Re: Suggested experimental test
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2021 20:33:29 +0000

On Mon, Mar 22 2021, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:

> Gregory Heytings <gregory@heytings.org> writes:
>
>> Well... the suggested experiment does not remove C-o, it changes C-o
>> in a way that is, I believe, painless.
>
> Sorry; I didn't read the patch carefully.  So it basically moves `C-o'
> to `C-o C-o' (and makes the `C-o' prefix open for new commands)?
>
> I don't use `C-o' myself, so I can't really say to what degree this
> would be annoying or not for users.  Any `C-o' users who have an opinion
> here?

I use C-o very, very often, to the point that i am sure that i will
pretty soon rebind it to its former meaning (and lose easy accesibility
to the new map, most possibly to my disadvantage, but old habits die
hard).  Something similar happened to me with M-g, if memory serves, but
admittedly here the fact that repeating it "will work" might ameliorate
my reaction.

Cheers,
jao
--
Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're
not. In either case, the idea is quite staggering.