Re: Suggested experimental test

From: Paul W. Rankin
Subject: Re: Suggested experimental test
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2021 07:51:55 +1000

> May I suggest the attached, slightly more controversial, experimental test?

Along this same vein, I suggest that we unbind the `e' key from
self-insert-command and instead make it insert the string "Emacs " 17 times,
e.g.

Before:
the quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog

After:
thEmacs Emacs Emacs Emacs Emacs Emacs Emacs Emacs Emacs Emacs Emacs Emacs Emacs
Emacs Emacs Emacs Emacs quick brown fox jumpEmacs Emacs Emacs Emacs Emacs Emacs
Emacs Emacs Emacs Emacs Emacs Emacs Emacs Emacs Emacs Emacs Emacs d ovEmacs
Emacs Emacs Emacs Emacs Emacs Emacs Emacs Emacs Emacs Emacs Emacs Emacs Emacs
Emacs Emacs Emacs r thEmacs Emacs Emacs Emacs Emacs Emacs Emacs Emacs Emacs
Emacs Emacs Emacs Emacs Emacs Emacs Emacs Emacs lazy dog

This would be a boon for promoting Emacs, and anyone wanting the legacy
behaviour can just rebind `e' in their init.

Lets apply this to the master for the lols as an experiment for... one month!

Or maybe we could just not break fundamental editing operations?