Re: Development Emacs based on Emacs and magit.

From: Hongyi Zhao
Subject: Re: Development Emacs based on Emacs and magit.
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2021 07:11:41 +0800

On Thu, Sep 9, 2021 at 12:26 AM Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:

> > From: Alexander Adolf <alexander.adolf@condition-alpha.com>
> > Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2021 17:48:16 +0200
> >
> > Nonetheless you have a point in that thanks to magit, the only times I
> > will have to visit a git forge's website is to create and manage my
> > account there, and to create and delete repositories. Everything else
> > can be done from within magit and forge in Emacs.
>
> This is not about you or me or any other power user of Emacs.  This is
> about occasional contributors to Emacs, who are accustomed to use the
> PR workflow via Web forms.  IMO it would be counter-productive to
> request those contributors to install and use Magit, just to be able
> to submit a change to us.

Thank you for pointing this out. Considering that Emacs is patched so
frequently, has it already implemented a complete
workflow/module/macro/function to wrap the steps described here [1]
with just several or one keystroke?

[1]
https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/Sending-Patches.html

Best, Hongyi