Re: Development Emacs based on Emacs and magit.

From: Alexander Adolf
Subject: Re: Development Emacs based on Emacs and magit.
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2021 17:37:15 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> From: Alexander Adolf <alexander.adolf@condition-alpha.com>
>> Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2021 17:48:16 +0200
>>
>> Nonetheless you have a point in that thanks to magit, the only times I
>> will have to visit a git forge's website is to create and manage my
>> account there, and to create and delete repositories. Everything else
>> can be done from within magit and forge in Emacs.
>
> This is not about you or me or any other power user of Emacs.  This is
> about occasional contributors to Emacs, who are accustomed to use the
> PR workflow via Web forms.  IMO it would be counter-productive to
> request those contributors to install and use Magit, just to be able
> to submit a change to us.

Fully agree.

I guess my - admittedly poorly expressed - intention was to make the
point that, in addition to allowing "web users" accustomed to using web
forms to do just that, long-standing contributors could use magit and
continue doing everything from within Emacs. So my hope was that this
could help making/keeping both "camps" happy.

Cheers,

  --alexander