Re: tab-bar: Defining another mouse-button binding?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: tab-bar: Defining another mouse-button binding?
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2021 22:38:52 +0300

> From: Juri Linkov <juri@linkov.net>
> Cc: adam@alphapapa.net,  emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2021 22:19:34 +0300

> >> There is no indication during dragging, and currently I have no idea
> >> how to shown an intermediate indication, but at the end it works,
> >> so maybe this could be explained in the documentation.
> >
> > What would you like to explain there?
>
> That there is no indication during dragging, but at the point of
> releasing the mouse button, the tab is moved here.

That doesn't need to be explained, people can see it.  I just don't
think we can call this "dragging the tabs", because that's not how
this looks in other applications, and people will be disappointed.

> >> Does the mouse wheel work on a tab-line?
> >
> > No, it doesn't, AFAICT.
>
> Then could you please send both event names of <mouse-wheel>
> for both directions of mouse wheel scrolling.

I don't understand: I just told you, above, what events are sent in
this case.  is that not what you are asking about?