Re: tab-bar: Defining another mouse-button binding?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: tab-bar: Defining another mouse-button binding?
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2021 12:39:45 +0300

> Cc: adam@alphapapa.net, emacs-devel@gnu.org
> From: martin rudalics <rudalics@gmx.at>
> Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2021 10:39:01 +0200
>
>  >> The real message text is
>  >>
>  >>    <nil> <wheel-down> is undefined
>  >>
>  >> and similarly for wheel-up.
>  >
>  > Thanks for clarification.  Actually, there is already such bindings:
>  >
>  >      (define-key map [wheel-up]    'tab-previous)
>  >      (define-key map [wheel-down]  'tab-next)
>  >
>  > So the problem is that it emits <nil> instead of <tab-bar>.
>  > And as I understand, the same <nil> is emitted on the tab-line
>  > instead of <tab-line> on GUI frames and on TTY frames.
>
> With mouse wheel scrolls one has to be always prepared that the scroll
> is intended for one window while the mouse is positioned anywhere on
> your frame.

That's not the problem here, AFAICT.  The problem here, at least for
GUI frames, is that the code Juri wrote supports only mice that report
wheel events as button events.  That code doesn't support mice which
report true mouse-wheel events (so I guess NS is also affected?).  I'm
working on a fix.

I didn't yet look at the TTY frame case.