Re: tab-bar: Defining another mouse-button binding?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: tab-bar: Defining another mouse-button binding?
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2021 14:03:20 +0300

> Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2021 12:39:45 +0300
> From: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>
> Cc: adam@alphapapa.net, emacs-devel@gnu.org, juri@linkov.net
>
> > With mouse wheel scrolls one has to be always prepared that the scroll
> > is intended for one window while the mouse is positioned anywhere on
> > your frame.
>
> That's not the problem here, AFAICT.  The problem here, at least for
> GUI frames, is that the code Juri wrote supports only mice that report
> wheel events as button events.  That code doesn't support mice which
> report true mouse-wheel events (so I guess NS is also affected?).  I'm
> working on a fix.
>
> I didn't yet look at the TTY frame case.

OK, I think I fixed this: tab-bar scrolling should now work for mice
which report mouse-wheel events.

I recalled the problem with supporting that on MS-Windows consoles:
the coordinates reported by console APIs for the mouse-scroll events
is relative to the top-level corner of the display screen, not that of
the console window (see the comment in w32inevt.c).  This, of course,
make the coordinates inappropriate for detecting scrolling of the tab
bar and tab line on MS-Windows consoles, so they don't work there.  If
someone knows how to fix this, I'm all ears.