RE: [External] : Re: master ff4de1b: Fix quoting style in Lisp comments

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: [External] : Re: master ff4de1b: Fix quoting style in Lisp comments
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2021 16:01:20 +0000

> Both ‘ and ’ are slanted to the right, making
> it impossible to distinguish backquote from quote.

It no doubt depends on the font used, but I agree
with this.

With fonts I use, those chars are much more
difficult to distinguish than ` and ', by a
_long_ shot.  If I really need to distinguish
them then I find myself zooming in on the text.

This is part of what I meant by `...' providing
easier "recognition".

Beauty's in the eye of the beholder, and so are
convenience and usability.  The use of curly
quotes in the doc and help was a real step
backward, IMO. I sure hope we don't extend that
purported "modernization" to comments in Elisp.