Re: Elisp LSP Server

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Elisp LSP Server
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2021 23:55:59 +0300

On 22.10.2021 19:55, Mathias Dahl wrote:

    On 22.10.2021 19:23, Mathias Dahl wrote:
     > About this convenience feature of being able to very easily open VS
     > Code when browsing GitHub, we could develop our own
     > Chrome/Edge/Firefox extension to allow the same workflow if we
     > wanted.

    The OP was referring to being able to open "VS Code" (a version of it)
    inside the browser. It's a "cloud IDE" sort of thing.

Ah. We could open Emacs locally though, using an extension.

I think the idea is more along the lines of having a read-to-use VM with an appropriate version of Emacs installed, with all declared package dependencies and probably additional tools as well (e.g. third-party community sometimes uses stuff like eldev, or buttercup for testing).

Then you only need to hack up a change, you're able to test it without having to install anything, then you do a commit/push/PR.

All this is perhaps less critical for Emacs Lisp than for other languages and environments, but even so, it could lower the barrier for contribution further.