Re: describe-char on emoji sequences

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: describe-char on emoji sequences
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2021 19:26:23 +0300

> From: Andreas Schwab <schwab@linux-m68k.org>
> Cc: larsi@gnus.org,  cloos@jhcloos.com,  emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2021 18:12:54 +0200
>
> On Okt 27 2021, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>
> > If so, perhaps Noto Color Emoji is of an old version that doesn't
> > support some of the characters we require for it to be considered a
> > match for emoji?
>
> noto-coloremoji-fonts-20191119-1.9.noarch

That's the latest, AFAICT.

Can you show the details of your build, the stuff that
report-emacs-bug collects?  Then Lars and Robert could compare with
what they get, and maybe that would give us a hint?

Another idea is to compare font-log from your build with that from a
build that does display the Emoji with Noto Color Emoji.