Re: Elisp LSP Server

From: dick
Subject: Re: Elisp LSP Server
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2021 14:04:05 -0400

RS> We must not encourage people to use nonfree programs.

"We begrudgingly make emacs work under closed-source platforms like Windows,
OSX, but they are unjust."

I suppose this is no more or less defensible than all of U.S. foreign policy,
of which I've been a longtime beneficiary merely by being a citizen.  The
proceeds from nonfree software have also sheltered and clothed me, and
provided the leisure time required to write free software.  So I guess I'm
rotten to the core.

There's a cult of personality at play here that the ten or so core developers
feel obliged to respect.  In that sense, your continued exhortations,
impassioned but illogical, are working spectacularly well.