Re: File names in ChangeLog entries

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: File names in ChangeLog entries
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2021 13:50:23 -0800

> I can live with using
>
>     * filename (func): Short description
>
>     Explanation

Why do you want "* ", " (func)" and "." on the summary line?  To my
mind, that just makes the line longer.

> But I really wish we could change the convention so that I don't need to
> suffer because other people don't include that info in their summary line.

Whatever we do, I hope we can avoid including ChangeLog-style characters
in the preferred summary line format.

Personally, I think we should just make the summary line mandatory even
when the ChangeLog entry fits on one line.  It makes for easier reading
of "git log --format=short" and similar.  But that's me.