Re: sqlite3

From: cesar mena
Subject: Re: sqlite3
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2021 11:47:34 -0800

> Lars Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org> writes:
>
>> I think many user experience things in Emacs would be better if Emacs
>> remembered more.
>>
>> The bigger systems don't have this problem -- Gnus needs a large
>> .newsrc.eld file, and it maintains that.
>
> A plea from the heart: Gnus also needs a better data store, and sqlite3
> is the answer to that need. The .newsrc.eld format is not okay.

Unclear about this comment.  Lars specifically stated that this is for
things that fall in between tiny (use customize) and bigger (gnus etc ...):

   The bigger systems don't have this problem -- Gnus needs a large
   .newsrc.eld file, and it maintains that.

   The tiny things don't really have this problem, either: You save options
   with `customize-save-variable', and that fine.

Are you proposing a move to sqlite3 for .newsrc.eld?