Re: persistent data feature

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: persistent data feature
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2021 00:16:24 -0500

  > > If we really want a feature to be in the core, then we don't want to
  > > make it a dynamic module.
  > >
  > > However, it can happen that we want to support a feature with C code
  > > but we don't want it to add to the complexity of core Emacs.

  > I cannot imagine how such a situation could arise, really.  And in all
  > my long involvement with Emacs development it didn't happen yet.

I won't argue that any particular one of those libaries should not be
used by Emacs core.  But, given how the number of dynamic libraries
required by Emacs core has grown, that suggests maybe it would be better
of SOME of them were used via dynamic modules.

I mean to say only that it is something to consider.