Re: Contradictiory directions

From: tomas
Subject: Re: Contradictiory directions
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2021 10:59:14 +0100

On Wed, Dec 15, 2021 at 05:49:30PM +0800, Po Lu wrote:

Hi,

this is going to be my last post to this thread. I think it isn't useful
to extend those discussions beyond some point.

> <tomas@tuxteam.de> writes:
>
> > This is a politically loaded discussion. Still, I think it is important.
> > If there is a reason to assume that "blacklist"/"whitelist" might offend
> > some people, I think it does make sense to look for alternatives.
>
> This is not a political discussion, but one based on technical issues,

[...]

This "we decide exclusively on technical grounds" is usually a higly
political decision hidden behind a tree. My hunch is that this is one of
those cases.

But, as I said above, I'll rest my case. We have stated our positions,
we won't convince each other, so that's the maximum use we can expect
this thread can have.

Let's agree to differ.

Cheers