Re: Contradictiory directions

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: Contradictiory directions
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2021 15:59:44 +0800

>> It's bad to distribute a version of Emacs capable of such a thing.

> Uhm...  then it's bad, I guess?  Since all versions of Emacs have been,
> since the very first one, capable of that.

We did not gain any type of dynamic module loading feature until Emacs
25.

> We're using the existing terms allowlist/blocklist.

"Blacklist" and "whitelist" appear in the Emacs source tree a total of
432 times, while "allowlist" and "blocklist" appear a total of 259 times
exclusively in the context of mh-e.

So it seems to be terminology specific to mh-e, with no reason to
warrant its adoption throughout Emacs.