Re: Contradictiory directions

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: Contradictiory directions
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2021 17:49:30 +0800

<tomas@tuxteam.de> writes:

> This is a politically loaded discussion. Still, I think it is important.
> If there is a reason to assume that "blacklist"/"whitelist" might offend
> some people, I think it does make sense to look for alternatives.

This is not a political discussion, but one based on technical issues,
namely how using two different terms to refer to the same thing hinders
the development of Emacs.

The only goal is to develop free software, which necessitates not being
sidetracked by the attempts of other movements (which may or may not be
admirable) to introduce new terminology.

There is a node "Other Politics" in the Information for Maintainers of
GNU Software, which says:

  A GNU package should not seriously advocate any other political
  causes.  Not that the GNU Project opposes those other causes.  Rather,
  it is neutral on them, and GNU packages should be neutral too.

And my discussion proceeded on those neutral lines as well.  Please do
not bring political issues into this.