Re: Contradictiory directions

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: Contradictiory directions
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2021 15:48:01 +0800

> It is impossible to disallow such a thing, so I'm not sure what your
> point is.

It's bad to distribute a version of Emacs capable of such a thing.
Users are of course free to do whatever they want with their copies, but
we are morally and legally responsible for the versions of Emacs that we
distribute.

glibc (and hence, LD_PRELOAD) is special in this regard: it is a system
library.  There is a detailed explanation somewhere I don't recall
anymore, but there is a simplified version here:
https://www.gnu.org/licenses/why-not-lgpl.html.

>> If so, it is certainly a standard I don't know about.  In nearly three
>> decades, I've heard many variants of "list", but never "allowlist" or
>> "blocklist".  Can we agree to use the terminology that everyone knows
>> about in Emacs, to keep the situation simple?

> Seems simple enough to me.

So we agree to use the existing terms "whitelist" and "blacklist" then?
LGTM, thanks!