Re: Motif support

From: Arthur Miller
Subject: Re: Motif support
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2021 17:41:33 +0100

Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com> writes:

> Arthur Miller <arthur.miller@live.com> writes:
>
>> I have never looked at that list, but when I see it now, I think
>> several of those listed features are implementable already, as the
>> Emacs is at the moment. I have commented under those that I think are
>> not impossible to implement or are not very hard:
>
> I think that those features are wanted in a complete system, and not as
> individual pieces scattered around in random places such as org-mode
> (which isn't WYSIWYG either.)
They are not in random places; they are in one place, emacs lisp. Org-mode is
not "scattered around", it is a coherent piece of work.

Put it the other way around, thse feature are implemented already in
emacslisp. Any mode can connect them to buttons and use them already.

There were few features on that list that require work, multiple columns are not
straightforward as it is now. Pdf/rtf importers are just labourous, but specs
are
freely avialable, anyone could sit and write importer/exporter. I personally
don't think rtf is important and I dislike the pdf for many reasons. I
understand it is popular, but just becasuse something is popular it does not
mean it is good.