Re: Motif support

From: xenodasein
Subject: Re: Motif support
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2021 20:04:36 +0100 (CET)

Quoting:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2021-12/msg02423.htmlFrom: Eli
Zaretskii

> Please don't assume others here post not in good faith, it's unkind
> and unfair.

Apologies. I accept, but so is what Arthur Miller or I have been subjected
to by some of Po Lu's replies.

> That is an exaggeration at best. If you already studied the Emacs
> display code, and that is your conclusion, then we are probably
> reading two very different codebases, because I think an introductory
> CG textbook is way insufficient for implementing anything close to the
> Emacs display subsystem. If you didn't yet study the code, I suggest
> you do, and maybe you will then judge what Po Lu says less harshly.

May I request file/line pointer to a function where such an advanced
domain algorithm is implemented?  Those then don't apply to what
I argued but I doubt they are a large percentage in terms of LOC.
Or better yet, request where one is delegated to one those libraries?
(Except text rendering, which I didn't suggest Emacs should do all
by itself.)