Re: On Contributing To Emacs

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: On Contributing To Emacs
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2021 13:39:15 +0100

Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com> writes:

> Philip Kaludercic <philipk@posteo.net> writes:
>
>> You mean https://issues.guix.gnu.org/?  That would only be part of what
>> SourceHut is supposed to provide (a front-end for the issue tracker).
>
> I thought we wanted it so we could provide an issue tracker accessible
> from the web and the ability to submit patches from a web interface.

And basic things like (un)subscribing to a bug, subcomponents (with
subscriptions), not having to CC every participant which is not already
on the CC list of the mail you are responding to, etc.

Extra points if the new system does not require to read a manual for
closing, reopening or categorizing bugs. Oh, and dispense with the
"archiving" thing.

For now let's put aside cross-references between commits, bugs, patch
submissions and C.I. runs as something too modern to bear.

> The former is already possible,

It is already possible on debbugs.gnu.org, for some sufficiently broad
definition of "possible".

> and the latter could probably be
> implemented fairly easily should someone want to work on it.

Famous last words.