Re: On Contributing To Emacs

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: On Contributing To Emacs
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2021 09:05:45 +0800

> Yes, doing that is pretty much a non-starter with debbugs.

Gnus already does that, and at least CC Mode and Org Mode have their own
separate bug trackers.

It's not a non-starter, just a little-known feature.  I think the Debian
folks also make use of it quite well.

> Second, we often have replies that don't land in the bug tracker because
> someone forgot or accidentally hit "Reply" instead of "Reply to all".
> I've seen this happens with all kinds of users, including regular
> contributors.

I don't think those cases are very common, and having every message land
in the bug tracker isn't that important either.