Re: Time to merge scratch/correct-warning-pos into master, perhaps?

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Time to merge scratch/correct-warning-pos into master, perhaps?
Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2022 22:31:12 +0100

Alan Mackenzie <acm@muc.de> writes:

> ..  This might have something to do with the slowdown, it might not.  But
> there is definitely a bug somewhere to fix.  I don't know yet whether
> these dumped forms actually get executed, or whether they're just there
> to be displayed on an error.  If they do get executed, the SWP there
> might explain the slowdown in the tests.

Ah, interesting.  As you say, this may not explain the slowdown, but
Gregory's found a bug here, at the very least.  (ert does a lot of odd
things.)

But this reminds me of something I meant to ask, but forgot: Would it
make sense to introduce a configuration option to en/disable the SWP
stuff?  Probably not as a long term thing, but it would make
benchmarking things a lot easier if we could en/disable it on the
current trunk simply.