Re: recent change to yanking behavior of the clipboard

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: recent change to yanking behavior of the clipboard
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2022 20:01:02 +0800

xenodasein@tutanota.de writes:

> Thing is, this time you seem to think that you are "fixing" things,
> and someone else thinks it breaks 30 year old behavior.

Indeed, and I didn't outright dismiss his statement.  If there is
nothing wrong with his program, then I will implement a flag in
x-set-selection that makes gui-selection-value revert to the old
behaviour if it was not called by gui-select-text.

But there has to be a very good reason to break an equally long-lasting
assumption about the conditions under which x-selection-value is
expected to behave.

> See some pattern here?

No.

> I'd focus on that instead of the "see this see that" smarty-pants-ery.

Watch your language, that tone is not welcome anywhere.