Re: Don't change `select-enable-primary`

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: Don't change `select-enable-primary`
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2022 21:55:00 +0800

> Is there a particular reason you care what people do with their
> `select-enable-primary`?  E.g are you hoping to remove this var in
> some (more or less distant) future because it would allow some
> important simplification or performance improvement?

No, I'm just shocked by the amount of people who keep it on, and trying
to convince people who might've been affected by bad advice to
reconsider their choice.

> Indeed there is.  I tend to focus on those that affect more than just
> the people who follow that advice.

I thought I was doing the former, but after reading what I wrote it
seems to mostly have been the latter.

I'm sorry for letting this discussion turn into that.