Don't change `select-enable-primary` (was: recent change to yanking beha

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Don't change `select-enable-primary` (was: recent change to yanking behavior of the clipboard)
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2022 08:50:42 -0500

> It's not related.  Here I'm trying to convince people to not enable
> `select-enable-primary' lightly, since that breaks other programs.

Then please change the title.

Is there a particular reason you care what people do with their
`select-enable-primary`?  E.g are you hoping to remove this var in some
(more or less distant) future because it would allow some important
simplification or performance improvement?

> There seems to be a lot of bad advice floating around, and that's one
> of them.

Indeed there is.  I tend to focus on those that affect more than just
the people who follow that advice.

        Stefan