Re: master 6e5d79c048: Display show-paren-context-when-offscreen in chil

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: master 6e5d79c048: Display show-paren-context-when-offscreen in child frame
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2022 07:59:39 +0100

Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com> writes:

> BTW, I think there are at least two open bug reports about slow child
> frames on PGTK, one from after it was merged, and one from before.
>
> I can't find the latter, so someone should find and merge those.
> Thanks in advance.

I've tried but only found this one:

  bug#52677: 29.0.50; make-frame-visible/invisible too slow when use --with-pgtk

Anyhow, I think being able to toggle a frame's visibility state on/off
only ten times a second isn't so horrible slow.  Of course, it depends
on use-case.  But for show-paren where there's `show-paren-delay' anyhow
it doesn't really matter from my POV.

FWIW, I don't have posframe installed but tried this benchmark which is
quite similar:

  (benchmark 10
             '(show-paren--show-context-in-child-frame "foobar"))
  ;Elapsed time: 1.178163s (0.047553s in 3 GCs)

Bye,
Tassilo