Re: etags name collision.

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: etags name collision.
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2022 09:45:04 -0400

   > Are you saying vi or mg, as opposed to vim and neovim, cannot work
   > with the tags output by universal ctags?

   I'm not, but Alfred evidently is.

Can we please not assume we know what people are "evidently" saying?
Unless you are evidently me....

What I think I said was that ctags has a standardized format by POSIX,
this is what Emacs ctags (and BSD ctags) output; Exuberant ctags does
not output this format.

vi(1) (a POSIX standardized utlity, and ex(1) for that matter) and
mg(1), plus other tools expect the POSIX variant of ctags output.