Re: etags name collision.

From: Ergus
Subject: Re: etags name collision.
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2022 13:03:09 +0200

On Tue, Apr 12, 2022 at 06:51:11PM +0800, Po Lu wrote:
Ergus <spacibba@aol.com> writes:

I use OpenBSD in my servers daily and all my team around use vim and
neovim with Universal Ctags with no issue.  Universal ctags can generate
emacs tags, json, legacy and modern ctags, xref... if there is some
problem the right to do is to open an issue in their project...

vim and neovim are not vi and mg, and are not standardized utilities
either.

So you mean that we should maintain this executable with an old name
that collides with a better modern one; useful for all the vim (and
other editors) users, just to support two editors that are not emacs,
very popular and with minimal maintenance...

Any way I am tired of this pointless discussion... When things start
like this in the list we end up going nowhere.

Best,
Ergus