Re: gmail+imap+smtp (oauth2)

From: Tim Cross
Subject: Re: gmail+imap+smtp (oauth2)
Date: Thu, 05 May 2022 23:56:01 +1000

Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

> And put in authinfo my app password instead my «normal» one?

Yep, that is all you need to do - replace your 'normal' google password
with an app password and your set to go. All you have to do is generate
the app password, which is done in the settings section of your google
account.

I don't use gnus, butr rather mu4e and mbsync. However, the principals
are the same - I have my SMTP entry in authinfo.gpg, which uses my
google username and app password. For mbsync, I have a gpg file with my
app password in it and use that as part of my .mbsyncrc.